Interlibrary loan is a free service that is available to Longwood faculty (current and retired), staff, and students to request books, chapters, articles, and other materials that aren’t available in Greenwood Library.
- Your LancerNet ID and Password are your logon for the ILLiad system.
- The first time you log on, you will be taken to a Personal Information form.
- ILL delivery times vary, but most articles are available electronically within 2-3 days; many books arrive in 5 days or less.
- We do not generally recommend requesting textbooks via ILL. Most libraries will not loan them, and if we are able to obtain them, the loan period is usually not more than a few weeks, so you’re not able to keep them for the whole semester.
- Books received via Interlibrary Loan are intended for individual research use and cannot be placed on reserve. Contact your liaison librarian for assistance.
- Check the library catalog and the journal search to see if an item is available in Greenwood Library print or digital collections.
When materials arrive:
- Items designated as "IN LIBRARY USE ONLY" will be held at the Desk for use in Greenwood Library.
- Materials requested will be placed on the pickup cart located inside the library doors.
- All books must be returned to the Desk on or before the date they are due (see the label). The checkout period is set by the lending library. Lenders have the option to "recall" a book before the due date if it is needed by one of their own patrons.
Have questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Contact the Desk via Chat: https://libguides.longwood.edu/home or By Phone: (434) 395-2433.
Updated July 2021