Pi Kappa Omega Society LU-072
Information about the Collection
Pi Kappa Omega was a local honorary society, organized in 1918, as means of recognition for students, alumni, and faculty who exemplified scholarship, character, and leadership. Additionally, the members were charged with contributing to the intellectual and social life of the campus. Standards for membership in the society were sustained high academic performance as well as exemplification of leadership and morality. The society had three types of membership: student, associate (faculty), and honorary (alumni). Pi Kappa Omega continued on campus until 1968, when the decision was made to merge with the national honor society in Education, Kappa Delta Pi.
It is unknown when this collection was transferred to the Greenwood Library Archives.
Scope and Content
This collection, which dates from 1918 to 1928, consists of a ledger book that contains the society constitution, by-laws, and membership roster.
This collection consists of .95 linear foot contained in (1) archival flat box.
There are no restrictions to access or use for research purposes.
Box 1 of 1:
Ledger book, 1918-1928
pages 3-11: Constitution, adopted February 1919
page 11: charter member signatures
page 12: amendments to the constitution, 1919
pages 19-21: by-laws
pages 27-29: new inductee signatures, 1919-1928
page 51: honorary members
page 101: society ritual
page 145: associate members, 1918-1921