LibGuides = Research Guides
LibGuides are our research guides that provide a holistic approach for conducting research for each discipline including how to find books, articles and websites and cite sources in most citation styles.
Use this site to get started with your research you may be assigned throughout your academic career.
- For help with finding a topic, go to the Develop a Topic tab.
- For help with finding a source, go to the Find Sources tab, or use the library catalog & search bars below.
- If you would like a librarian's assistance, please use the "Chat With Us" box located to the right.
How do I find books, magazines, etc. in OneSearch
WHEN IN ONESEARCH:
- To find books: In your search results, in the light-blue left-hand column, check "LU catalog" under "Refine your results."
- To find scholarly journal articles: In your search results, in the light-blue left-hand column, check "Journals (Scholarly / Peer Reviewed) " under "Refine your results."
- To find magazines and newspapers: You will have to be able to tell the difference between a magazine and a journal. Click here for a helpful table to remind you what to look for.
Or search within Longwood.edu:
On-line Research Help Guide Modification: Project Statement
This new version of the On-line Research Help Guide was a technical writing class project at Longwood University during the 2011 spring semester. A group of 19 students and 1 professor, Dr. Heather Lettner-Rust, worked together for over 2 months, meeting with librarians and audience samples, to gather information on what tools are the most useful to students and how to effectively deliver these tools to them. The vision modifying this Library Guide was to provide a central search point, with easy access and friendly user-interface, for Longwood students in need of research assistance.
(434) 395-2443 | Email Us
This section of the Research Help Guide was modified by Shelton Lyda and Darren Simpson.